A peek at the cake I baked for H’s birthday last weekend!
I got the recipe for the icing and filling from here:
Few changes I made:
1. I used the Betty Crocker german chocolate cake mix and baked according to package instructions. The mix called for 1 1/3 cups of water. I used 1 cup of cherry syrup and 1/3rd cup of water instead.
2. I could not find bing cherries. So, i just substituted them with he cherries I got at my local grocery store.
3. Used cherry syrup that comes with the cherries instead of Kirshwasser for sprinkling on the cake, the filling and the icing.
4. Added chopped cherries in the filling.
5. Added 2 tsp of Milk Powder while whipping the cream (A tip from the reviews on the cake).
6. Used Hershey’s milk chocolate for the garnish.
VACATION TIME!!! Will be back right in time for a tamilnadu entry.